RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help with several engines
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 06:50 PM
do335a

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MurphyLong
I refuse to sell on eBay. I sold a $1,200 Summilux camera lens on there a while back, and the guy filed a claim saying I sent him something different. eBay told him to return it for a refund, and he sent me some garbage yard sale lens. Even though I had pictures of my lens getting packed, eBay still sided with him. He kept my lens, I got nothing.

With that said, I'll probably tall to the guys in the local club, and work out a barter of them cleaning them up and keeping something in exchange. If I get enough out of everything, including the 4 planes and 2 Txsto buy an electric RTF, I'll be happy.
Engines generally sell for more on ebay than RC sites.

I'll usually buy them on RC sites and sell on ebay.

As for your camera lens, it's important to cover your position right from the start. ID your lens in the auction with a serial number. You can't be stuck with nothing but the junk if you take your proceeds before sending out your lens. Make certain that the payment clears first and state that policy in your auction. By clear, I mean pull it out of PayPal first so that it can't be taken or frozen. Then if someone wants to cheat you, tell them all to stick it where the sun doesn't shine and walk. ebay discriminates heavily in favor of purchasers and against sellers.

You'll also find that a nice, clean, shiny engine will sell for more and quicker than an old dog. Which would your prefer? Take a bit of time and clean them up.