RCU Forums - View Single Post - MonoBot: Aerial Robotics Project
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 01:21 PM
UN.RCONT.OL

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A very ambitious project for an Arduino nano and me for sure… The code turned out to be quite hard to pull out for a rookie like myself. I am having to run the cycle size at 300, which means that the board loops 300 times at every full turn of the IR scanner. This is slowing things down a little bit, because I am limited with the speed of the servo. When, at last, I got the scanner to work, it took me a while to get the correct readings from the IR sensors at the correct angles. In the end I got it to work at a reasonable functionality level… The good side if I can install a super fast servo, I can speed things up significantly and make the unit more responsive (if I can find one). Another hurdle is that I need to modify the servo to cover a 315 degree range, so I can get away with using only one IR sensor on the scanner instead of the two that I currently have. In the video, you will see the nozzles react differently when I activate the sensors at different angles, showing that the scanner is working fine. The goal is to make the unit completely autonomous indoors. Takeoff, navigation and the landing will be handled automatically. After the first flight tests, if successful, I will install a GPS for outdoors tests.