RCU Forums - View Single Post - Charlie Kellogg's TBM Avenger Build
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 05:04 PM
redtail
My Feedback: (15)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Navy. I am retired Air Force (E-6, O-4E: Minuteman Missile Electronic Tech, Communication Squadron Commander), retired Lawyer (got tired of putting kids in jail), and a retired Elementary School Math/Science teacher (had to give something back). I wanted to fly but when I joined the AF, I was told I needed a college degree. Recruiter lied of course. Took me 13 years to finish that first degree, going to night school, so when I finished, I ran to the AF Personnel Office and they told me I was now tooooo old. Story of my life. So I went downtown and learned how to fly - Cessna, Mooney, Rockwell. Even had about 5 hours in a Citation. My "Congrats" to you my friend, keep burning holes in the sky for those of us who still dream. My jets are my RC Turbines now. Will look you up next time I am down there.

Trust me, the turret is very easily made from plastic sheets and balsa and a lot less expensive. You can cut and build your own turret from plastic/balsa while sitting around on standby waiting to fly in that hotrod of yours for a lot less money. You can detail it as much as "YOU" want. Here are a few posts to check out that Noah, Pere, Larry and I have done: 458, 520, 545-6, 1412, 1526, 1727, 2154. Post 2042 (B/W photo of my bird). Noah, if you are viewing, I can not find your template for the turret. Do you remember the post for the template? Thanks Guys and welcome Carl. Chic

Last edited by redtail; 09-10-2017 at 05:07 PM.