RCU Forums - View Single Post - New engine for T-Maxx
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 08:49 PM
BrickitSAM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
You may get more responses if you post this in the RC car engines section in the car/buggy forum. I've been running Losi and Traxxas cars for 20 years. I've used a few engines over the years, and in the last couple years I moved away from RTR type cheapie engines in favor of the better Italian engines from Novarossi and Picco. Novarossi has gotten much more affordable in recent years and because of that and their significantly better quality, I would recommend the 2.5cc (.15) Novarossi designed specifically for the T-Maxx and Revo. The engine and pipe is a bit more expensive than the "cheapie" engines you linked to, but they are worth it many times over. Very easy to break in and maintain, and they're stupid easy to tune. This is what I would suggest if I were in your situation:

The engine is $150 and the matched pipe and manifold are $44. A chunk of change no doubt, but they are leaps and bounds better than a Traxxas or VX engine hands down.
ok thanks, I'll look into some of those engines, btw thanks for answering all my noob questions