RCU Forums - View Single Post - Shocks
Thread: Shocks
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 06:28 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Justwayne
I have a xte pro. The shocks on one
Side of vehicle flop down or compress spring easy somewhat floppy. The other side u can here oil compress and decompress hydraulics slowly. When I run a 2s battery it runs fine. A 3s it sometimes kicks to one side aiming/darting another direction. This is grass yard play by the way. Was just curious if the shocks being blown out one side could cause this or if I should just blame terrain it's a Smaller 10th scale truck. It isn't jumped just tossed a few times when it wipes out so idk how the oil could leaked out
Originally Posted by RustyUs
Power will always try and go to the tire with the least resistance when using differentials. To overcome this, and if you have sealed gear diffs, various thicknesses of diff fluids are used to tune the resistance of the internal diff gears.
I'd say it's a combination of things causing truck to dance around.

If I recall, the Blackouts have sealed diffs. That's great! But I'm sure they don't come filled with anything other than grease. Filling the diffs with something like 30k ~ 50k diff fluid, and I think you will see a difference in power being put down.