RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 08:07 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi JPEE,

Things have basically returned to normal for us - we finished cleaning up all the branches and loose shingles. The trash pickup for the storm debris is next Tuesday so it will be nice to see it all go. Have to watch when your driving around not to get too close to the side of the road as all the tree debris sometimes can get close to the curb and if your not careful you'll scrape your car when driving past it. Ouch! Also, the schools have been closed the entire week. I told my son he got a hurricane fall break. They start back on Tuesday.

I like your PVC plane work stand - its nice and tall so the rudder clears the floor. I see your toy hauler is about ready - planes hung and ready for flight. I really like working with PVC piping as its easy to cut and glue together and is strong to support any kind of model. When I lived in Ohio I had built a portable PVC stand similar to yours to help put together my 40 size nitro at the field as I couldn't fit it in my car with the wing on.

With the cooler weather coming I have been wanting to get out flying again - unfortunately my fleet is not really flight ready now. So yesterday I made my first RC-related purchase in a long time...got a new charger and a new set of blades for my Fusion 50. (figured I could splurge a little bit!)

My current charger is a simple little 50 watt with an internal power supply that plugs into a 120 outlet. Takes almost 2 hours to charge a single 6S 5000 lipo - ugh! It's taken care of my charging needs but I have been needing to upgrade it. Plus the power supply you helped me make a few years back is still working so time to put it to use again. I had a Powerlab 6 for a short while and it was a nice charger but I had to sell it - so I decided to stay with the same company (Revolectrix) and try one of their different chargers but with similar features: a GT 1200. Revolectrix Plus I got a nice deal as it was on sale, so win-win.

The blades I picked up I have been wanting to try for some time: Rail 556 blades. The Switch blades I had for the past few years on the Fusion were really nice but I had to sell them with the Goblin 570 as a package this past spring.

I plan to pick up 2 more lipo's so I can get more flying time this upcoming season. Weird talking about our seasons starting in the fall. lol

That's about it for now. Of course we will be watching TS Maria churning in the Caribbean right now and see what she decides to do. And our closing is still scheduled for Nov/Dec timeframe. Have a good weekend,

Mark

Last edited by Aframomum; 09-16-2017 at 08:24 PM.