RCU Forums - View Single Post - Senior Project/ PLEASE HELP
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 10:46 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

I think you've made a good choice for a first P-51 build. First, it's a 40 size so it's big enough to handle the wind and be an ok build but small enough to be affordable. I personally wouldn't choose to start with just a 4 channel radio but unless you are willing to go against the opinions of a great many people on this forum and buy from HobbyKing or BangGood you can't really do better than the full combo and stay within your budget. Second, it's a Great Planes model and their instructions are usually very good. I strongly recommend you read the manual on building that model BEFORE you buy it. I always read the instructions at least twice - once before I start and again during the build. Sometimes, especially on a hard build, I will read each section thoroughly before building that section and then again during the build so that makes 3 times total. And watch the review. The web page tells you what you need to build the model as does the instruction manual. Fill out a complete list and get your pricing. It also wouldn't hurt to send that complete list to Tower and tell them what you are doing to see if you can get a discount on a complete package.

Good luck with your build. If you need help at any point just send me a PM. There are many tricks in building that are not mentioned in the instructions.

And get a good building board unless you have either a pool table or glass dining room table you can dedicate to building. I've used both. I also recommend a 24x36 self-sealing cutting mat. Tower has them but so does Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Joann's and other crafts stores. And theirs are often cheaper.

Last edited by rgburrill; 09-19-2017 at 10:50 AM.