RCU Forums - View Single Post - Checking out a Ryobi
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 09:27 PM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice! I love that red!

I keep thinking about building a stand WAY off scale Fokker D7. I have a Stihl 36cc four stroke gasser all converted and needing a home. I always thought WW1 planes with a screaming 2 stroke to be somewhat of an anachronism, and this Stihl four stroke putt putting away would be the answer to that. But I love aerobatics, so I would make it stand off scale and use symmetrical airfoils. Actually, I might cheat and use some ARF Big Stik wings, and just scratch out the fuse and tail feathers. Should be fun.

I wish I could have teased you into a Flybaby Bipe. When I looked up that link for you, I was impressed once again with how cool and classic they look. As far as your carb, yes, the original carb on the Ryobis is quite small. It would do better with a 10 or 11mm carb. I wouldn't go any larger than that for a Ryobi. Also, does your setup have an extra metal carb spacer? Converted Ryobis need the carb spaced out slightly in order to obtain full linkage movement/travel.

Off topic, I just bought an SDR-RTL dongle to play with here while I'm recovering. It allows you to pick up radio signals from 100khz to 1.7Ghz on the computer. (Possibly as high as 2.2ghz) Only cost 20 bucks! That ought to be interesting. Ever played with one?

AV8TOR