RCU Forums - View Single Post - Steppin Up O.S.
Thread: Steppin Up O.S.
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 05:52 AM
hsukaria

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The high pitch props will make your plane land very fast and maybe not land at all. I knew a guy who had a prop jet and had to cut the engine before landing everytime otherwise he needed a mile long runway.

A big factor (one of many) with pipes is what type it is. Is this a Quiet pipe or a Muffled pipe? Big difference in tuning and performance. If it is a Quiet pipe, I don't think it will do a whole lot of difference between the 61 and the 95 size engines.

What happened to your 61 that it got such a big drop in performance? Just the airframe change? Have you checked the piston liner for peeling or scrapes? I run a OS 61FX with a Quiet pipe and an APC 11x7 with good performance. But I keep a chrome plated piston/liner set from ASP as backup for the inevitable nickel plate peeling.

The 95 will be more of a torquer than a high rpm engine due to the bigger bore but smaller intake ports. The propjet airframe really needs a high rpm engine like the 61. The 95 will require a BIG prop load to stay in the proper torque band. So a 3-blade might have to be looked into because of ground clearance and pitch constraints. I would consider a 11x10 3-blade.