RCU Forums - View Single Post - Steppin Up O.S.
Thread: Steppin Up O.S.
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 12:06 PM
djmp69

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hobbsy
I must ask, is the 95 AX a real wimp of an engine, running 60 sized props and being happy about it just doesn't make sense. Thanks, Dave
Ok, maybe I'm not explaining this clearly. I need a small prop for clearance issues. The 61 works fine with the 12x10, it just was sluggish and saggy with the 11x7. The 61 has the wrong pipe on it. The 95 is no wimp from what i have seen and flown. All I was wondering was that now that I have the correct engine/pipe combo, meaning the pipe is made for a 95, NOT a 61, and now I have a 95, what i could expect using the prop that gives me group d clearance. That's all. Basically, i want the plane faster but still need a smaller prop to clear the ground. In that way, it makes perfect sense to be happy about it.

In this hobby we experiment, its how we advance. How do you think we got prop jets in the first place? I'm sure there was someone back then that said, "I don't see the point in making a jet and then just putting a prop on it and being happy about it." But it worked, still works, and has it's place and usefulness.