RCU Forums - View Single Post - I had a control line
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 05:23 PM
Psychron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aspeed
They are about 100 mph I think, using the Fora .15. There is a slow class of 80 mph where most guys use an LA .25 or ASP .21, or whatever they have around. They are on 60 ft. lines instead of the FAI 52 ft. For line tangles, it is better to do whatever shape 8s than loops. Still most flights end in some sort of carnage. All the guys are pretty good, and have been doing it since I was a kid, so they kind of are 'our fathers', or someone's anyway. Some guys from Detroit, Dresden, Toronto to Chicago and New York, are into that stuff and come here to play. There is a field around River Rouge park Detroit somewhere. I have never been to it, as it is kind of sketchy with no gun. An LA .15 on one of those planes is really pretty good, and doesn't hit as hard when crashed. They are pretty tough, and survive well except for midairs. There are some stunt grunts, racers :-) and the 'odd' scale guys play too.
That's very impressive speed, and I saw the lines are steel cable also lol. I supposed it has to be with that kind of force.

The only way I'd be caught at River Rouge park is dead. Scary area. We're an open carry state, so you can go down there carrying legally, and I think it becomes a visual deterrent for the thugs. Though I like concealed carry because then you're not scaring everyone. The senate has yet to vote on it but making concealed carry legal across the board without is probably coming soon. Time will tell.