RCU Forums - View Single Post - Phoenix 50cc Spitfire ARF- New???
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 04:24 AM
kenair
My Feedback: (10)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RICK9303
Does anyone have any feed back on Phoenix warbirds? THIs arf at Tower is selling at a great price for it's size and it comes with retracts. Is there a buyer beware attached to these Arf's from Phoenix models? I like the size, but how are they built? Video looks great of plane flying off grass, do they come out heavy and what kind of covering do they use. Any feed back would be helpful.
Thanks Rick
I would think a 55cc gasser on a 96"ws Spit would be a bit shy on power, I find the YA Spit and the TF Spit do ok on the DLE 55 and those airframes are at around 84" - 86" ws.

The big question is how the supplied retracts hold up, after the first landing will the retract frames or struts be bent and also whether the C of G is accurate in the manual so that the intial flight does not end up in a ball of sticks and covering, and how much lead is required in the nose to balance?

The Phoenix Spit review site is not a flying review, its more an assembly of information from other sources with a bunch on ads thrown in, nice layout but so many ads.

Look forward to see a report from someone who they at least a 1/2 dozen flights on this model. A model this size will not be plug and play but will required tweaking to get it right.
cheers - ken