RCU Forums - View Single Post - glow engines are fading away
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 07:46 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Psychron
That's some pretty fine flying there and I knew that's what they were supposed to sound like! lol

Every time I go the club, one of the older guys fires up their nitro and it sounds like it's running too rich so I tell em "hey guy, I think you're running a little rich there. I think that needle valve could use some tweaking"

Then I get a look like I'm some kind of jerk with a bunch of electrics telling him how to tune his engine and so I let em get 5 minutes out of a tank instead of what they should be getting. I should send your video over to the club.. play it at one of the meetings "all you guys with gassers, listen up" then without saying a word, play that video. "did you hear that? your engines should all sound like that. Find your needle valves!"
Get one plane with a popper on it, tune it like you mean it, and fly that every so often just to show them you do know how. There is nothing sweeter than a well tuned Saito. I have one on my Somethin Xtra, and always get compliments on how smooth it runs.