RCU Forums - View Single Post - Phoenix 50cc Spitfire ARF- New???
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 11:04 AM
TJC333

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kenair
I would think a 55cc gasser on a 96"ws Spit would be a bit shy on power, I find the YA Spit and the TF Spit do ok on the DLE 55 and those airframes are at around 84" - 86" ws.

The big question is how the supplied retracts hold up, after the first landing will the retract frames or struts be bent and also whether the C of G is accurate in the manual so that the intial flight does not end up in a ball of sticks and covering, and how much lead is required in the nose to balance?

The Phoenix Spit review site is not a flying review, its more an assembly of information from other sources with a bunch on ads thrown in, nice layout but so many ads.

Look forward to see a report from someone who they at least a 1/2 dozen flights on this model. A model this size will not be plug and play but will required tweaking to get it right.
cheers - ken
The Tower add says it will weigh about 25 pounds. Top Flites 85 inch wingspan warbirds usually weigh about 23 pounds using 60 cc engines. This Spit is only 1-2 pounds heavier so my guess is a DA60 will result in a very fast Spit.