RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Powerbox radio...
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 12:37 PM
David Gladwin

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

Your diagram appear to have been lifted from antenna-theory.com. They have a lot of theory on patches!

They also show the radiation pattern in a colour diagram where the strongest signal is at the top of the hemisphere, decaying at the sides. Circularly polarised patch antennae appear not to have the doughnut characteristic of rods.

I have a lot of data from a lot of flights with twin receiver patches, which show considerably better signal lock than conventional "whip" receiver aerials.

May I suggest you take a look at Olnico,s description of the application and benefits of Weatronic patch antennae, on Ultimate Jets, it is as I described.

Flying yesterday, with two Weatronics receivers, the one with patches never even lost the downlink, usually the weakest aspect of those receivers with whips. ( .SkyGate Hawk, Savex L39)

I am am no Rf engineer but I am content to believe the publications from such qualified engineers, and accept my very encouraging empirical data !

I still see a lot of guys flying with their rods pointing in the wrong direction, straight at the model, for best reception!

David.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eleft3D_struct.gif
Views:	178
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	2233575  

Last edited by David Gladwin; 09-25-2017 at 12:26 AM.