RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Powerbox radio...
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 05:20 AM
gapellegrini

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jescardin
Of course only you know the tests you did and the results you got and, again of course and from your firm sentences I am not going to convince you at all, but I feel you miss some clarifying details:

1.- FUTABA current receivers are not upgradable, nor by owners nor even by the official services.
2.- From what I have investigated from PB forum, it is NOT an UNNOFFICIAL update as you call but a POWERBOX one they send via personally mail.
3.- PB advertised on the manuals they got the comunications serial protocoles officialy from all the radio manufacturers. How then their systems doesn´t correctly read S.BUS data?.

I discovered a thread on an independent, non comercial, forum on the matter and think post #4 just hit on the point:

https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...ad.php?t=78340

Taking in account all this information is from where I question your position and are as sure as you are in the contrary than most probably your problems were not from a link issue when using PB accessories.

Of course me -nor you- are able of fully demonstrating our positions, aren´t we?

Best Regards,
Jesus,

I have my convictions but I may be wrong. So I really like the debate.

On my UB crash I had 2 r7008 and no powerbox. Each rx had half side of plane excluding flap that I had booth on rx1. I had 2 batteries, one for each rx and two JR heavy duty switch. Booth systems didn’t communicate with each other. Totally independent. So we can rule out some reasons for a lockout: servo short circuit, batteries and switch problem. As there were other lockouts on same day same place and because of setup I can rule out many likely causes there is not much left other than a RF problem.

About your sentences:
1- I never did any update but they can be updated with CIU-2 unit. I know this is not very standard.
2- From what I read and understand Futaba acknowledge there is kind of a problem with r7008 (maybe is only with powerbox but pb support says it isn't) but not a problem big enough for an update. People say is something about Japanese culture and is a shame to them for acknowledge there is an error and send out an update, so they have this informal update that powerbox can't post on their download page. I believe this makes a lot of sense. Look what happened with rx 7018. It went out, crashed tons of planes and then they took out of market. No recall, no sorry message, nothing. They just stopped selling it.
3 - I can't comment on that. Don’t know enough information.

I'm not sure how things are in Spain but in Brazil lockouts happens all of the time in all brands. I have seen events with 4 lockouts in US and Brazil and I'm not talking about Joe Nall. Some of these are not RF problem for sure but some are. RF link is the main problem in our hobby today in my opinion. Most 2.4 protocols were developed when there was almost anybody else using 2.4 and they got old.

Gabriel