1QwkSport2.5r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Mr Cox View Post
The .061 parts should drop right in, I don't know of any differences appart from the cylinder bore. The construction is visible from the outside, they went from ABC (early Steels engines), to AAN (the most common pre-revlite) and then finally to the "revlite" ceramic coated Al. Below is a little timeline from left to right.

I use more than one head shim in a new engine, and once they are run-in then one head shim seems fine for 10% nitro.
I have one or two engines that feel a bit worn and doesn't feel very good when turned over, but like many cox engines they run just fine that way. It just means that you'll need spring starter to get them started and that the idle will not be quite as low and reliable.
Thanks for that info. I will take the head off the engine today and get a look inside and post a few pictures. The one thing I don't have that I need is a head spanner wrench. I'm not a big 1/2a guy, but having had two .049s now, I should invest in a spanner wrench for the head. If I can get this engine running good, I'll be keeping it in my collection. My foam ugly stik should fly good with it.