RCU Forums - View Single Post - International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day
Old 10-02-2017, 05:25 PM
H5606

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

Peter, thanks very kindly for taking the time out to post the pictures; I take it you're flying the newer, blue fuselage airplane with the pushrod in the outer hole on the stab horn.

Just confirmed that my airplane is set up with the pushrod on the inner hole and the web aft of the pivot point (actually the stiffening lip) on the stabilator halves is contacting the relief cut-out on the rudder before the up arm of the bellcrank comes anywhere close to hitting the fuse wall at the relief slot. If I continue to pull on the "up" line until the bellcrank hits the fuse wall, the stab remains maxed and the pushrod just flexes. If I pull up on the vertical stab to give additional clearance, the stabilator can achieve a higher max throw. So, still thinking that either lifting the vertical or opening up the relief hole for the web will increase up elevator throw as your yellow fuse oldie appears to have. Does the oldie fly better than the newbie?

Wondering if additional "up elevator" can provide better ability to slow and flare the airplane during power-off landing phase.