RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 09:30 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 263 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Charley
I had one of the first 10 Conleys made. It ran well started easily. I had it on a Ace 4-120 Bipe that I built from a kit. It drew attention at fly-ins. If I'd gone to a 15" prop it would have 4" or 5" pitch. The only knock on the engine was that if you got a prop strike, the timing belt would slip. If that hapenned you had to remove the engine from the model take off the cam/belt cover and retime the cams vs crank. Made you extra careful with your landings.

I sold that engine to a German collector for more than I had in it. Replaced it in the model with a early HC Saito 1.50 and the growing pains with that engine are a whole other story.

CR
Funny you should mention that, I sold one of the first OS Max FS .60 engines produced (single digit serial number) to get back into the R/C hobby back in 2004. It went to a collect in Canada for a lot more than I had into it when I purchased it in the mid 70s. I don't regret selling it and now wished I had kept the first generation Wankel .30 I sold when I got out of the hobby in 1980. It's funny how that stuff works out. I have Enya .46 4C Type II NIB I keep meaning to use maybe I should reconsider using it and find another collector?