RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ay up from the UK!
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 09:50 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Mark also. It's your money--spend it in any manner you wish to. The others were a bit abrupt in their posts, but they have been here before, when noobies come with concrete ideas as to what he is going to do and completely ignore the advice of those here who know a lot more about this hobby than the noobie. The advice they give is sound. But you have your mind made up and only came here to have those ideas affirmed by those who know the hobby inside and out. Time after time, noobies who insisted on doing it their way have failed miserably once or twice and then gave up on the hobby and we never hear from them again. And they blame everyone else but themselves, These toy grade foamies are great for guys who only want to go out once or twice and smash them up in record time, but for those who are serious about learning to fly RC, do it with balsa trainers that have proved themselves year after year. One member mentioned the Avistar. That is a great plane. There are others, the Sig Kadet 40 is arguably the greatest trainer ever to come down the pike. The Goldberg Eagles are also good airplanes to learn to fly with. There are others. But the toy grade foamies are not helpful in the learning curve

If you care to look back in hundreds of other posts, you will find that these very members who were abrupt with you have had extensive and amiable exchanges with folks who are actually seeking advice amd/or ideas, but you didn't come here wanting to exchange ideas, You came here to tell us what you intended to do and we ain't about to influence you one way or the other. It is the old saying all over again: "Don't confuse me with facts. My mind is made up." So be it.