RCU Forums - View Single Post - International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day
Old 10-05-2017, 03:12 AM
H5606

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

At some point back in the seventies, I got a replacement fuselage that came in a long brown, corrugated box direct from Cox Mfg, hinged at the ends and opening in the middle. It had the full cockpits, pilot busts, and (hidden from view here) instrument panels like that shown in pic #3. To my surprise, it had the current gen, "bridged" front end. It also had the separate (square, blue) fuel tank like the one shown on the left in picture # four and required a new firewall to replace the metal tank and original firewall. I can't remember if the tank-less, firewall came with the replacement fuse...

My original early gen wing broke in the center just like that one too, but I only remember it breaking from the LE up to the hole... I don't remember what happened to the airplane after that; it may have ended up in a trashcan or been given away at an auction in VA as a club donation.

Just out of curiosity, does the wing you have pictured have a chipped leading edge at the (I believe its the extreme right wing-tip)? You know where this is going - could this have actually been my airplane four-and-a-half decades ago? I don't recognize the engine and firewall though and realize it doesn't fit this gen fuse...

Pretty sure the back-plate for this gen fuselage was yellow and shaped like the black one you have in the last series of engine pics above.

Last edited by H5606; 10-05-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: added info