RCU Forums - View Single Post - Prop
Thread: Prop
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 12:56 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Yes... an APC prop breaks easier then a MAS... that's a fact. A MAS prop will scuff/scratch/wear in many cases from a prop-strike.., where an APC will chip and/or just break from a simple prop strike... and I do always advise if an APC prop comes into any contact with the ground, toss it. They do also fracture and splinter.. and it can be undetectable until it explodes... I'm not knocking APC... I use them more then any other prop for small engines.. probably every plane.

It's up to you if you want more durability, or better performance. There's a point where you won't be as much concerned about the durability, and you'll want more performance.

When you get to the point that you're not breaking any props(regardless of brand)... then put the APC on it. Some of us haven't broken a prop in years... I usually break one maybe once every year or 2, not on the same planes though... I like to rotate my breakages.. . I have went years at times though with no problem... I do have a few planes that have the originally installed prop from well over 10yrs ago... Really it's a matter of just experience and learning.... just grease the landings as best you can... try to focus and concentrate.. don't carry on conversations when your flying or landing.. stuff like that... you can do it.
Good luck.

Last edited by DGrant; 10-06-2017 at 01:00 PM.