RCU Forums - View Single Post - I surrender!
Thread: I surrender!
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 12:09 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by born2build
Hey, Rusty. Thanks for replying. Actually, I have two set-ups, both from Associated. There's the B5MFL 2WD buggy,and the RC12R5.2 pan car.
The buggy is using the ReedySC600BL sensorless ESC with a Reedy 13.5T. While the pan car has the Pace 45, also with the Reedy 13.5T. I have calibrated both and they both run okay. On the buggy, I can push forward on the trigger to get brakes, but no brakes with the trigger at neutral, which is what I need, of course.
The pan car is a different story. On the stand, when I release the trigger to neutral, the wheels stop almost instantly, but when I drive it on the kitchen floor, it just coasts, with no brakes when I push the trigger forward. Any ideas?
Ahhh. You are wanting drag brake for your buggy. Unfortunately, the ReedySC600BL does not give you the ability to adjust much of anything. Letting off the throttle, the ReedySC600BL will only offer your motor a neutral feel with very minimal drag brake.

For a great lower budget ESC to run in your buggy, and an ESC that you can count on, I'd suggest something like the HobbyWing EZRun Max10.

Last edited by RustyUs; 10-07-2017 at 12:32 PM.