RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Revolver 70 Rebuild!!
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 05:35 PM
el_xero
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cjbotox
Absolutely AWESOME - both labor and finish. Back in the day when I started in RC (1988) we ALWAYS repaired our planes no matter how wiped out they were. We also built ALL of them, some from scratch. This is a very good thread and I congratulate you and your friend for this inspirational labor of love. Nowadays it's too easy to just throw away the wreckage and grab a new one. I had to rebuild the front engine mount compartment on my R70 and now I'm looking for a kit to build something!

BTW - how did you fair through Irma?

John
Hi John Thanks so much for the support man really appreciate it! Sorry that I'm so late in replying I've not been on RCU in a while. Over here we mostly have to repair out planes and such because getting stuff over here is just insanely expensive. Think of the cost and then just multiply by 5 that's what we'd pay in our currency for stuff we import over here but as you said It's about the love for all things RC and building so much as it's work we keep at it and rebuild when we have to Thanks for checking out the thread, It took me forever to get around to put it up and when I finally got a high speed connection I just went for it! I'm glad you enjoyed it! How's your flying going? Do you have any posts I can check out?
We're doing great over here Irma didn't hit us but a few of the other islands aren't looking great at all