RCU Forums - View Single Post - Control line comeback
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 05:34 AM
gmeyers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flypast111
U-Control Line FLYERS never die => they just get lost in the circles ...
The good thing about control line flying ... and the varied aspects of it ... are that you get
to actually "FEEL" the airplane in your "hand/body" ... it's not just "eye-hand-sound" coordination
like too many other forms of model aviation are so composed ... "so feel-the-pull" .... and hang-on!
Keep'm flying ... Flypast111
Don't get me wrong - I love Control Line flying,, back in the 50's I designed my first plane then a second and made them control line instead of static. One was a Mig 3 from photos and three views I had accumulated the other was a Corsair. Eventually I acquired an engine (an OK Cub) and both planes flew great as control line planes. I flew control line up until the 80's when I decided to try RC. Once I accumulated some stick time I learned that the connection between you and the airplane was good and maybe better than Control Line. Then when the new Frequency Hopping 2.4 Ghz radios came out the connection grew and became more solid. Though invisible the connection is solid and your feel of the plane is good too. Can't explain it but it's as good as control line. I still build and fly control line because it's my first love but I don't sell RC short.