RCU Forums - View Single Post - Caressa by Bryan Hebert of CK Aero
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 05:32 AM
Smooth Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I attended the Cajun Nats contest in District 6 this weekend and was able to pickup one of two available Caressas. The plane is magnificent! I am so pumped to get started on it. After getting it home and somewhat unpacked to show the accountant (wife) what the big bucks was for, I just had to step back and admire the beauty and craftsmanship of this fine pattern plane. The lines of the fuselage are not typical for a current pattern plane. The plane is based on the Hebert designed Shinden which has a very classic shape that resembles a full size aircraft. However, this version was modified to make it more friendly to install electric power.

I will be using a Himax 6330 Pro and Castle Creations 80 Amp HV esc. Hitec digital servos will operate the control services and my trusty Airtronic radio will provide the signals. The removable chin cowl will aid in making this a firewalled mounted motor. I have never tried to do a build thread, but if Bryan gives me the go ahead, I will give it a go.

Some of the features include pre-hinged control surfaces that are sealed along the entire length which means no sealing issues with mylar film or Blenderm tape. The weight of the components are extremely light weight and incredibly well crafted. The paint scheme is very attractive and well done.

Things like the individual components weights and photograph documentation will be forthcoming after I talk with Bryan.

Sheldon