RCU Forums - View Single Post - Scammer alert!
Thread: Scammer alert!
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 05:07 PM
grandpaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scammer alert!

I had an attempted scam in one of my ads, through the RCU link.

[email protected] is the villain.

He sent me an email stating he wanted to buy the Revolver aerobatic plane I listed for $150, and that he'd "have his assistant mail me a check".
I received a "Cashier's Check" from Utah Community Credit Union, made out to me for $1,750.
He e-mailed me and told me "his assistant messed up and sent him a payment meant for a different purchase, a piano". He said I should "go ahead and deposit it, keep the amount of the sale plus $100 for my trouble, and send him a WalMart money transfer to 'David Phillips' in Springfield, OR".

I was "kinda" concerned. So, I went to WalMart and tried to use the Cashier's Check to arrange the transfer. hee hee The lady ran it though her machine and it rejected it. So, she tried another machine that also rejected it. ha ha

I took it to my bank and they IMMEDIATELY told me they would not accept it on deposit without holding $1,750 of my own money till it cleared, then stated they believed it to be fraudulent.

So, I e-mailed UCCU and they replied that indeed it was a forgery, and to report it at once to the FBI.

So BEWARE this scum: [email protected]