RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sliver Build Thread - A TD .020 Project
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 03:43 AM
Tee Bee

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wing is covered. The compound curves of the wingtips ate my lunch. I ended up using a heat gun to get them as flat as I could without risking burning a hole in the Ultracote Lite. The wrinkles won the battle. Oh well, I'll work on them some more later. The canopy was made by making a paper template and then transferring it to .008" Lexan sheet. I tinted it by soaking it in a hot solution of Rit black dye and water. I actually ruined the first 2 when I got them too hot and they rolled up. I had to settle for a lower heat and as a result, a lighter tint. In the end, I was pretty happy with it. I also spent some time tonight making graphic templates but will wait until later to reveal the covering scheme. Still lots to do on this one but I'm having tons of fun with it. I'm actually building 2 other models alongside this one and juggling them back and forth. The others will be powered by a TD .010 and a Pee Wee .020. It's almost time to start cutting out all those hinge slots, not my favorite task. I'm gonna have to spend another late night session with a big coffee cup to get that done.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4698[1].JPG
Views:	58
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	2241793   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4701[2].JPG
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	2241794   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4702[1].JPG
Size:	1.73 MB