RCU Forums - View Single Post - Comp Arf Ultra Flash
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 06:19 AM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts

Something must be wrong - I've got 100 flights on mine without a scratch or bent landing gear pins in just over 1 year of flying it. I felt at home with it immediately on the first flight.

I'm using Electron electric retracts and brakes - never once an issue, and still on the first set of tires after 100 landings.

Very docile and predictable and lands very slowly, but it needs discipline on landing to get it slowed down.

From mid-flap during the gear pass I select full flap on downwind and let it settle into a trimmed state, and then select idle generally about half-way around the finals turn, depending upon head-wind. It's then almost hands off until the flare. Getting it trimmed for all 3 flap settings is critical.

I've had a couple of flame-outs and to be honest, they are almost easier than a powered landing - one less thing to worry about. It glides extremely well - just don't rush it as it floats for ever if the speed gets too fast.

I do have a gyro fitted (Cortex Pro) which I think helps settle it out in places - I've never flown it without the gyro active so can't comment on a non-gyro UF.

Paul

Last edited by JSF-TC; 10-22-2017 at 06:22 AM.