RCU Forums - View Single Post - is nitro on its way out?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 03:42 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm well aware there are individuals with a significant range of temperaments and values within each generation. There were selfish punks in the builder generation, and there are forward thinking future minded people among the Millennials. The stereotypes wouldn't exist though if there wasn't some truth to them. Accomplishments alone can show you that.

If clubs want to strategize to make themselves friendly to the younger people, the key is making it personally meaningful to them in a fairly quick way. My club has some young people in it (not many) but they don't attend meetings. Why? Because 90% of the meeting is old guys talking about history or the business side of running the club. I wish the youngsters would take an interest because there is value in both, but since they don't see an immediate value for themselves they aren't interested. It's better at the field where they can fly, but in any club it only takes a few disparaging comments from old guys about their foamies or stability systems or FPV equipment to make them decide the local park is a better spot.