RCU Forums - View Single Post - Affinity RG65 ou Dragon Force 65
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 05:46 AM
Fred-mtl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Affinity RG65 or Dragon Force 65

I am the owner of a replica of a Volvo Ocean Race, I am looking for a second boat. I saw two interesting yachts, the Hobbyking Affinity RG65 and the Joysway Dragon Force 65.

Yes the prices are very low, but my goal is not to compete (there are not or very few in Montreal, Quebec, Canada) but to make development ex: modifications of the sails, modifications of the weight, addition of foil at the rudder, etc. Of course, the basic electronics of these boats would be changed to something more powerful (currently I have a futaba r617f8 as a receiver, a remote control futaba t6ex, servo futaba s5801 and a controller which I do not remember of the model but it is surely a futaba).

I would like to know what you think about these boats (I read some good comments) from the point of view of development and, for those who have one of these boats, are they easily disassembled (the boat that I currently can be carried in a musical keyboard carrying bag and it can be assembled and disassembled in 5 minutes chrono).

Maybe you have other suggestion for 300$ budget for something to develop (I do not have enough experience to build one).

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1688.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	2242297  

Last edited by Fred-mtl; 10-24-2017 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Error