RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 08:01 AM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Mark,

Hope your entire family had a great Halloween last night!

We watched our Dodgers play ball and what a game...........

I have not unboxed the Mavic yet. We are still unpacking and getting set up in both our AZ fifth Wheel and my RC shop in Toy Box. We have not flown anything with only 3 days under our belt since arriving. That said, after we go fly once or twice I bring it out and share and shock my buddy. They have these racing drones with FPV so I understand and he brought FPV cameras to stick on all of our Quads, that the day I'll pull out my surprise! Yes the batteries are proprietary for this quad but......that they are made by DJI and are not some knock offs is ensuring when you have that kind of $$ in the air. Briefly the last time I flew it home over my yard it sent me a red flag that I was within 5 miles of an airport (true). It sent me a vibrating and red flag on my screen when I got to close to my hedge and telephone pole. This unit has so many adjustments like that, that I need to to adjust like return to home when I need to plug in how high it will climb (normal is 60 ft) if the battery gets to low,, if the link is lost between the TX and copter, or if I flip the toggle to return to home. So I have much to do yet. I'll stay in beginner mode until I have the those and the shutter speed and ISO frame rates and so all tweaked in.

WOW, I am so interested in the 3 blade and nose cone spinner balancing. I have a great plain too, (1) three prop balances and I don't ever recalling how to that. If you can find a YT video of the process I refer me I can use that for my P-51 4 blade props I am sure. My spinner was caved in from the last crash so I have a new one in the box of parts I ordered before I left. Cool!
Glad your getting in some Zero fly time too, awesome for you! Funny that you speak to your landing gear, yesterday I reinstalled my Jug's landing gear I have removed so easier transportation to AZ. The tail weights is something Phil showed me some years an very important procedure. He said that you take a plane fly at cruse speed and then shut off the power and see how she glides. The other thing was while flying at a lower speed horizontally then do wide open and see if the plain pulls up, stay level, or starts to nose downward show signs of improper balance, elevator no level, tipping to one side shows wing heavy on one side. I use small finish nail. I suspend the plane with a stick under the tail and under the cowling so theirs no bind and the plane can tip left or right to show one wing heaver than the other. So glad you nailed your Zero in and she flies better for you.

Till the next time my friend...JPee