RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cat's Mid-Production Taigen Tank
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 10:05 AM
Arctic Cat ZRT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat's Mid-Production Taigen Tank

Good Afternoon,

Tanks first got me into RC about 4 years ago. I am getting back to my roots. I was going to originally upgrade my Heng Long King Tiger but this became cost prohibitive fast, so I bought a tank that had the features I wanted (biggest thing was airsoft barrel recoil). I decided to get a Taigen Tiger 1 mid-production. I am very impressed with the model and have a removal-able hull with just a throw of a lever is great! Not to mention my two favorite features... track tensioning and ball bearing gear boxes with 390 motors.

To start I went ahead and installed a TK60 board that I had slated for the King Tiger. Right now it is only set up for 6 channel control but at some point I want to get it switched to 8 channel support. I am running this board off of a Tactic TTX850 controller. I had problems getting the stock Taigen barrel recoil system to work with the modified airsoft wiring. For some reason I was getting feed back through the negative wire on the back of the airsoft unit. After messing around and even trying to install a resistor I couldn't get it work properly. I cut my loses and just hooked up the servo to the "real recoil" port on the Clark, works like a dream now.

Plans for the future?
1. Clean-up the electronics install on the inside
2. Better speakers
3. Change the routing of the smoke system to go through the mufflers correctly and figuring out a way to install a smoke fluid port
4. General weathering
5. Additional details such as material strapped to the back and periscopes

Video of me testing the board is linked here:

Regards,
Cat