RCU Forums - View Single Post - 6x6 rock crawler
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 12:07 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Crius
Oh yeah, thoughts on the battery? It says 6.4 volts, but with 4 wires is it maybe two 3.2 volt batteries? If I use an esc it won't matter.
Get me a picture of this battery if you can. Sometimes manufacturers like to make special plugs or wire arrangements to make non standardized charging setups which require only their charging solutions. On some consumer items this isn't a terrible idea, but on cheaper items like these it is more of a pita or sometimes a safety issue if not done correctly.
I recently had a company send me an item to test. The item came with what was labeled as a 7.4V 2S lipo. It was a funky 4 wire plug so I decided to check it out first. Turns out it was actually just two 3.7V lipos in parallel and two positive leads and two negative leads on the plug. To someone who might not of known they may have plugged that little connector (it was a small battery, nothing big) into what they thought was a balance plug charger and started a fire very quickly! Turns out the product combined the cells on the internals to make 7.4V, but the risk you put your customers through just so they spend a few bucks more on your own special charger is just kinda dumb. Hopefully this is not one of those circumstances. I'll be happy to assist you guys here