RCU Forums - View Single Post - All about Kolm Engines
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 10:43 PM
Jonboy2
My Feedback: (62)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Tom or anyone else, do you guys happen to have a side view of the actual ribb piece that goes between the bottom of the cowel and the engine cylinders? This would be for the Kolm 155 IL 2 cyl going into the CARF P51 mustang. Although I have the Galloping Ghost I am sure the front cowel area is the same on both versions. I would need a trace or outline of the actual part/rib so I could just print it out and duplicate it on a piece of light ply. This piece is very challenging to make from scratch as once the motor is installed there is no room to take any kind of measurements on the bottom where the rib piece goes due to the fact that the engine is right in the way. I have a feeling that this piece would prove to be a nightmare to make with much trial and error. It would save me a ton of time if someone had the dimensions of this piece. I have attached a picture of the rib piece I am referring to. It is the carbon fiber piece on the right hand side. Although this picture shows the piece for a 3 cylinder motor install where as I just have the 155 with the 2 cylinders. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	4A468E95-91B0-45D6-9C0C-755C3740338B.jpeg
Views:	758
Size:	233.8 KB
ID:	2244572