RCU Forums - View Single Post - Does Losi Aftershock have 40 series wheels?
Old 11-16-2017, 03:28 AM
DadSonsAndToys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
There used to be plastic adapters for 17mm wheels that fit the aftershock/LST trucks, but they didn't last long. .
I've manged to only strip the hexes on one wheel, and that was because I wasn't paying attention when the nut got loose. Any idea what to look for to find these adapters?

The intention to stick with plastic hexes on stock axles is not going to get you very far. I've run LST/Aftershock/LST2 trucks for over 10 years. Started with an aftershock - upgraded to LST2 suspension and driveline - made all the difference in the world. Durability when up ten fold.
I want that ten fold durability, but I can't find any place that has the Aftershock upgrade kit in stock.

...and now that I think about it - those adapters I'm thinking of were for adapting an aftershock axle to accept 20mm hex wheels
Yep, I think you're right about this. I'd be happy to go to 20mm hex, but that would require other drivetrain upgrades, and since the kit can't be found, I guess my only option is to source individual parts so I end up with the larger axles. Would you happen to know which parts I'll need to accomplish this?