RCU Forums - View Single Post - Scratch build McDonnell XP-67
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 05:12 PM
Mms_citrus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the model on eBay. I decided to redo the panel lines. I found 1/32 tape and am using it. Wings, horizontal and vert stabs are lined. Top of fuse is done and half of bottom. Ran out of tape. Looks really cool. I'll post pics later. I hope all the detailing comes out in the mold. I got some epoxy primer upon recommendations from everyone to spray the panel line build up. And I've started ordering molding supplies. Im going to use a black tooling epoxy. 40 bucks a quart, but from what I've read it will give me the best chance to pull crisp detailing. At least that's how I understand it. Hope to have pics and an update in about a week. Also have worked out the landing gear, all the servos, wing mounts, vert andnhoriz stab mounts and control surfaces. The details will change slightly when I make parts but I drew out all the basic designs. I got a couple cheap sets of landing struts and broke them all down, and I have a good design to take to the machinist, unless I find a cheap lathe somewhere.
the canopy came out pretty good. If everything sprays and peels well I think I'm going to pull a mold on the canopy and either build a vacuum mold or maybe I can find someone who has one and can make a couple canopies for me. Pretty exciting. It's really starting to look cool now that all the crappy work is done.