RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Euro Fighter from T-one models
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 09:55 PM
Signofinfinity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmflytie
Signofinifinity,
I used a UP3 air sequencer activated by a small servo. Does gears up doors close/doors open gears down.
Canopy lock and unlock was on a separate electronic air valve . Used another single electronic valve and switch to open and close canopy( using a DX 18 radio).
Canards are mixed with elevators, ( I like to put about 10 deg. deflection( up) when gears deploy just to get it in that high alpha attitude for landing. Doesn't take much movement to make canards effective. I don't think there would be any setup that would allow you to use canards as brakes or spoilers once on the ground. Would look cool though.
If I said I didn't use a UAT, it was a misprint. Absolutely have a UAT. I use a 130 CAT. I was able to place it ( after making a cradle for it ) just aft of where the canopy air cylinder cross brace is located.

Good Luck, I hear its a great flying jet!

Marc
Hi Marc,

Thank you for the heads up.
I was reading on the up3, but I see it still does not sequence the strut right? Then I believe you T'ed both actuators?
Canopy needs two valves then too.
Had in mind of using three air systems, gear and doors, brakes and speed brake and small can for canopy...
Canards setup noted. Do you tie them in linearly? Dx18 too here. Jet Central only do telemetry on spektrum not futaba! So I have to use my spektrum system.
i like using flight modes on all my complex aircraft, so I believe that the ground spoilers option is possible. Try create a mix with AND condition. That is with gear down and landing canard mode, the switch (I like C) will deploy the Canards full down. Looks more scale too

​​​​​​I will consider the GBR cat too. I used it on my L39. I had in mind of using the intairco 175... But space seems to be an issue.

Thanks Marc for the useful info. When is yours ready to go again?
I wish you the best of luck!

George
​​​​

​​