RCU Forums - View Single Post - Should the AMA "Go Commercial" , or die ?
Old 11-21-2017, 06:46 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by rcmiket
By "lack of interest" I was referring to we who are active in the hobby and are greying out. Just a few short years ago I was one of the kids at the field now I'm one of the "elders" . There's a shortage of youth in the hobby. We ( the AMA ) could take a page out of the National Association of Rocketry playbook another organization I belong too on just how to do that. The President of NAR gave a presentation to the EC a few meetings back on just how NAR does it. Now if the EC implements any of the recommendations is anyone's guess.

Mike
Hi Mike ,

Your statement of "There's a shortage of youth in the hobby" is exactly the same thought that prompted me to run this Poll . As we old folks pass on , there isn't the next generation of aircraft interested youth taking our places , and thus the hobby will slowly perish through attrition . And when enough of us go , the AMA will go with us since the forced membership thing didn't end up happening , and it seems the next generation of RC flyers don't have much use for an AMA membership .