RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fuji .05
Thread: Fuji .05
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 08:05 AM
gmeyers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aspeed
My GZ doesn't turn up as fast as the CS. They do look the same. I think they might have some interchangeable parts. It is still a CS though(?) and they are finished with production too. The older CS had an engineering change early on. There was a small block and later a big block, maybe to blend in an .06? I am not a historian because of my memory, but fairly old to have gone through stuff. It is always easy to slow a motor down. A bigger prop with less pitch, a few head spacers to give less advance timing effect. The motor will last longer and thank you for it too.
I had CS .049' s and CS. 061's at one time now I'm down to 2 of I don't knows. I'll have to measure them one of these days to see what I have. The outer cases of the .049 and .061 were the same in the ones I had. Seems to me that the older CS's were more crudely sand cast. I still have a CS .09 and a CS .80. I bought a couple of tuned pipes for the .09 but cant' use em unless I cut the front end off and make an adapter to mate the pipe to the engine. Sizes are different. I had a .15 and a .21 at one time and looks like my new pipes would fit them but wouldn't be of sufficient volume.

Anybody know if carbon props are available anywhere ?