RCU Forums - View Single Post - Alchemy by Bryan Hebert of CK Aero
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 12:05 PM
cartercg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Alchemy arrived safely at Aerial Concepts in South Africa. A big thanks to Bryan, Dean, Neil and team for making it happen. The good packing resulted in no damage, and we immediately assembled her in the shop. She went together very easily. All wing incidences as set, and even the stab tube is drilled and installed, so you only need to bolt it in place. Very easy and simple. First impressions as compared to the Allure are the thinner wingtips, taller fin and more forward canopy. The plug in stabs are an interesting change, and look to be a great idea.
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 Shipping box.jpeg
Views:	415
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	2246339

Name:	2 Assembled in Aerial Concepts.jpeg
Views:	462
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	2246340

The plane went together easily enough. You can't really call it a build...rather an assembly. There are some nice additions such as the predrilled stab assembly, and the elevator and aileron exit holes in the fuze are already done. Most of the assembly is straight forward. It comes complete with the factory weights.

Name:	3 Factory weights.jpeg
Views:	485
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	2246341

The rudder has a nice large hardpoint for the rudder horn. The only frustration is the former at the back of the fuze. The standard holes are too small and the rudder wires will rub against the former. Bryan informs me this will be fixed by the factory. I used a dremel on the end of a stick, and managed to enlarge the opening in the former so that the rudder wires are routed with sufficient space. It was a delicate "operation" and not one that I'd like to do again in a hurry, so best the factory enlarge the opening as that will solve the problem nicely.

Name:	6 Former back of fuze.jpeg
Views:	494
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	2246344

There is nothing wrong with the supplied rudder tray, but I used my trusted carbon rod arrangement that is light and stiff.

Name:	5 Rudder tray.jpeg
Views:	488
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	2246343

Aileron is the usual arrangement. I used the included carbon servo arm and aileron horn. They worked very well and are another nice addition to the supplied hardware pack.

Name:	4 Aileron linkage.jpeg
Views:	485
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	2246342

More to follow
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	7 Chin cowl before removing material.jpeg
Views:	451
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	2246345   Click image for larger version

Name:	8 Chin cowl before.jpeg