RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito FG-60R3
Thread: Saito FG-60R3
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 06:30 AM
SWORDSN
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MDavis28
Hi guys, Haven't posted in a while. Here is a video I made on a problem I had with my FG-60r3 after about 5hrs of run time. This was suppose to be a follow up of a video I did back in 2015 or so. Since then the engine no longer has this squeaky valve problem. At Joe Nall 2016 I had the no.2 cylinder crack, Horizon sent me a replacement and I did the work. In December 2016 the no.1 cylinder broke and the engine was sent in. Horizon Replaced the head, piston and ring and cleaned the engine. I did extensive work on a baffling system and took off the Keleo Creations exhaust ring and put the stock ones on. Also I had to add a little to the stock pipes to extend them out of the cowling. Everything was going great till my battery in my DX8 completely died a few months ago. It was fully charged before I left the house. Happened first flight of the day, 7 mins in. I have since replaced the stock battery with the Lipo replacement. Other than some covering left to do, the plane is ready to fly. Only damage to the engine was a bent push rod tube, need to get another one soon. I haven't been on for some time due to the crash, took the wind outta my sails. I haven't flown a whole lot since either. But here is to getting back on the horse!

https://youtu.be/YWCjnNnHOoQ
Did Horizon say anything about the Keleo ring . I too am using the ring,with no problem so far. I have about 3 hours on mine.