RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 12-02-2017, 03:33 PM
ETpilot

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Today was a spring like day in Texas. So I did some spring cleaning. My shop is way crowded with things. Yesterday I started separating metal to sell at the recycle site. I finished the work today. Separated aluminum, copper, brass and steel. Loaded on my trailer which already has a load of metal. Will sell it all this coming week. Then I cleaned up my old burn pile and set afire the last to be burned. I'm relocating my burn area farther from the house and closer to water. I also set afire a large tree stump that has been an eye sore for a long time. Just letting it burn.

While wood burned, I set about cutting some old mower blades I was storing. I cut them and use them as weight during model building. It has worked real well for me. While I was doing that I found some pipe and rod which I cut to size. I will use them as my anchor rods for a tail trap I made. Should work well. Finally I moved more firewood to the firewood rack by the house. While it has been mild, colder weather will move in next week. So the wood burning stove will be doing extra duty.

All finished and I had extra time. So I moved a small door, I found in Florida and brought to Texas, from the storage building to the workshop. Perfect for drawing up plans or even building an airplane. I set it up in the shop so I can start drawing lines. Time to start building something. Yes a good work day. It keep me fit.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	2246711