RCU Forums - View Single Post - Required Tools & Materials - BUSA 1/4 J3 Cub
Old 12-07-2017, 12:30 PM
Leroy Gardner

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It's good to see another returning to building R/C after a long time away from it, something a lot of us older guys have done. there hasn't really been much of a change when it comes to building but the kits are better quality for the most part. Bigger planes build pretty much the same as the smaller ones, if you have past building experience the Sig cub should be no problem for you, it's a nicely done kit as your probably finding out. I see you have started buying supplies, you might add some medium CA and 30 min. epoxy for engine and gear mounts, it's stronger than 15 min which works well on lighter stress areas

Just getting started again I assume you will be building out of the box and following the instructions, which is a good way to go at it. There is scale landing gear made for this plane by Robart, Tower hobby has it, you might even want to shop for a scale strut kit with hardware for the 1/4 scale J3. Fiberglass specialties might still be making a glass cowl for the Sig 1/4 scale J3 cub, much better than the ABS that came in the kit if you can still get it.

As you see there are many options available when building these planes, it's nice to have some choices. As one mentioned why not build it here with your own build thread, there is a lot of good help and knowledge to be had along the way.

My plane is a Balsa 1/4 scale J3 made into a super cub, not much different than the Sig kit, shows what can be done with these kits. good luck with yours Threelittlefish.

Leroy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1034.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	3.01 MB
ID:	2247124