RCU Forums - View Single Post - MOKI RADIAL Care and Maintenence
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 08:40 AM
x0xorena
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Guys,

I'm new here and would be glad to have your Moki's technical expertise.
I have Moki 215 (install on AMR WACO 33%) that was runs several years without any issue. However few weeks ago when I tried to start the engine I've noticed there's no ignition sparks. I pull off all the plugs out and roll the prop while the ignition is on - but without any sign of sparks.
I also dissemble the central 5 coils with pickup sensor too from the engine body and plugged it direct to the it's original ignition (works with 4.8v Ni-cd battery).
I touched with an external Magnet to the pickup sensor by trying to simulate the signal from each Cylinder hopefully to understand if the problem sticks on the ignition unit or the coils.
Well , after 30-40 sec of playing with external magnet (by touch on the pickup sensor ) I noticed sparks from the plugs each by it's sequencer - I was happy! .Next I plugged the battery out and plugged it again , then again play with the pickup & the magnet - but now without sparks.I did this test many times. sometime there was sparks and sometimes not. So by now I did not reach to any conclusions where is problem came from.The ignition power led is on and so the pickup led is OK.

Appreciate for any advice.
Oren

Last edited by x0xorena; 12-12-2017 at 09:52 AM.