RCU Forums - View Single Post - OKMO 1/16 M60A3 - What We Know So Far
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 07:37 PM
Longsheep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RichJohnson
I sure hope their 3d printing is better than the stuff they have DKLM sell. This is the T23 they sell. The printing texture IMHO is so bad I wan to just throw it in the trash. Probably will use the turret for just a battlefield prop as I just cant use something that bad.
I would be interested in the M60, but why HL wheels? Couldn't they have copied the wheel and put bearings in? My HL Sherman is already rolling its wheels off as that is a part that just wears out. I would hate to spend a grand on a tank with limited life due to wheels. Is it possible to adapt them to Tamiya Pershing wheels?
The T23 is one of the last products Carson made with FDM. I think he will remake it in SLA some day.
All newer ones like the TUSK II and T95 are with SLA technology using ABS, which is intrinsically smoother, tougher and can be glued/welded with hobby glue.

Using stock HL wheels is just the way to keep the RTR cost down. You can ask him to put in upgraded metal wheels for sure. Plenty of after-market wheels for the HL Pershing, many with double bearings and high quality casting.

You can still sand down the texture of the FDM T23 and fill the dents with plastic surfacer (like the Mr. Surfacer 500). It is an older technology that requires more work to handle, but can be made to look good too.