RCU Forums - View Single Post - Looking to get into FPV
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 11:11 PM
ican3d

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 378
The camera you used on your rock racer seemed to be good enough for what I'm after, the FOV is reasonable/not fisheyed, and it's compact enough to fit in the tight spaces I'm looking to fit it into(The cage of that rock racer is undoubtedly far more cramped than the 'cabin' of the '78 El-Camino shell I have on my NTC3!). Can you give me a list of parts you used on that end? Cam, lens, power cables, mounting hardware? Having the left/right head tracking would be nice too but at first I'd probably just rigidly mount it facing front.
The camera i used on my rock truck is the classic 720p HD keychain (Model: 808 #16), by default the camera lens have 120 degree FOV (D type lens). But the camera len module 'de-cased' away from its board to make the small lens fit nicely under the cockpit roof while the PCB boards relocated at the back of the truck but both linked through long thin flexible camera cable.
I did made review about the camera which include details of lens, power cables and etc. To mount i just use double tape. Btw you can read the review of 808 #16 HD camera for FPV here at my webpage: https://www.supermotoxl.com/designs-...8-16-hd-camera
Btw caution because there lots of fake 808 #16 HD camera but i did listed FAQ links, support/community forum and legit vendor inside the page so that you'll have handful of info before you can dig in for the camera.

Last edited by ican3d; 12-25-2017 at 11:14 PM.