RCU Forums - View Single Post - Best 1/8 scale car and wheels
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 07:50 AM
Mavrik1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting, I didn't realize this setup sheet thing. While I noticed adjustment holes for things, didn't realize they had a real purpose.

My background, I have been driving RC cars for about 2 months and have no clue what I'm doing (backyard basher), I'm not a "car guy". I have repaired industrial machinery professionally for several decades, it's why I look at durability and design. I'm retired and need something to do. I used to fly hobby grade helicopters, but got tired of the extensive tuning if I crashed, which was fairly often because I was into aggressive acrobatics. A car I can just flip back over and I'm having fun again.

Would you have a link where I can learn what adjustments are needed for common handling issues?

My track is powdery desert dirt, my 1/10 scale is squirrelly, I have to ease the throttle to full speed to keep control. What is this car lacking? My first thought is a more aggressive tire tread, like sand type tires. My 1/8 scale I can full throttle off the line and it's very stable on the same track. Both cars radar at about the same speeds. I like 1/8 scale because of the heavy weight is more realistic to full size cars.

Could you recommend a 1/8 scale electric Tekno model?