RCU Forums - View Single Post - Looking for some feedback on linear servos!
Old 01-03-2018, 11:14 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ChuckC
What's the target price point for the small ones? Been eyeing these at places like ServoCity, but the price kind of puts me off for my purposes (this brand doesn't appear to be there, though)

Sure would like to play with a few, and if it's close to reasonable, then I wonder what the feasibility of using them to replace air cylinders on retracts is?
Hi Chuck, when I started with the Lights and now these items I quickly learned there is no profit, I pay for the shipping from the UK and now Canada. Plus throwing in the monthly fee for my website and im about breaking even, I really am doing this to bring something I like to the hobby and what I think as a whole can benefit the hobby. I am trying to keep these to as close to the price as if you were to buy direct, that being said my shipping will be much cheaper since I can send most items in the standard small box from USPS. I have the little PG12s listed on my website, I had to add two dollars just to break even on the PQ12s. If I could order 500-1k I could sell them about 5$ cheaper but I don't have thousands to spend for one order, give me time as I build up stock I will be able to match prices. I have priced my lights to beat the competition as well. Another way I look at this decision is this, depending on the servo you choose or the air cylinder/2-way valve/air line and any fittings/tanks/fill ports this is a much cheaper option. Most servos would range from 50 plus for a gear door and they are heavier than the PQ12
https://braincubelights.com/collecti...onix-actuators

Last edited by FenderBean; 01-03-2018 at 11:21 AM.