RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lamination schedule and mold release
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 09:43 PM
Mms_citrus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I’ve been experimenting with the wing and hor stab layup. I need a little advice. So I’ve been playing around with 4oz, and I’m getting a little trouble on the edges, some voids. I’m just doing wet layup. I’m not vacuum bagging......yet. I may have to tho. If I’m careful with resin application I can keep the weight low enough. I’m looking at full wing skins coming in at around 1.4 ounces, 1.7 with spars and and servo.
So since I’m having some void problems on the leading edge I was thinking that I have 2options. Mix a thickened epoxy and taper the leading edge more, then glass.
Or do several layers of 1oz.

Or or is there other methods I’m missing. I really have very little practical experience here..4 oz is the lightest I can get thru my wholesaler. That’s why I went with it, and I thought it would be the appropriate choice.

also since I’m asking, what is the normal procedure for laying up parts? Do you spray or brush a layer of epoxy on first, let set and then glass or do like I’ve been doing and just layup glass in the mold?

Last edited by Mms_citrus; 01-04-2018 at 09:46 PM.